Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Monday Mashup (on Tuesday)

Yes, I know it's Tuesday.  I'm going to try to start making regular blog posts.  The plan was to do this last night, but the power went out.  On Mondays I'll share the most interesting articles that I've found around the web.

Random:
-  As a fan of Swamp People, this 21 foot crocodile is impressive.  Oh yeah, they caught it live!
- Warren Buffet, Hypocrite - Warren Buffet went on the record saying wealthy Americans should pay more in taxes.  Turns out he already owes the government back taxes
- Spot Reduction is a Myth - Crunches don't give you a six-pack, low bodyfat does (duh).  Focus on what you eat, and lift heavy weights using compound exercises.  Stop buying ab-rollers, dummy.

 Football:
Since it's football season, chances are I'll probably devote some time to explaining how David Wilson gets to eat Chik-Fil-A on Sundays, and why the Logan Thomas Hype-O-Meter continues to skyrocket.

- Boise State's white uniforms looked great.  As did Oregons.  Georgia gets an "F" and Maryland get an epic fail:

Seriously...?

Yes, my Hokies ripped Appalachain State 66-13.  After losing three games in a row to start the season, and also losing to an unnamed FCS school last year, it was as fulfilling as beating up on a team can be.


Logan Thomas claimed his first victim, Bud Foster's defense finally showed glimpses of being lunchpail worthy, and David Wilson is a beast - Took the first carry of the season to the house, AND HE CALLED IT.

"(RB Coach Shane Beamer) told me I was getting the first carry" David Wilson said.  "Then I told him I didn't have to hear the second play because I was going to take it to the crib." 

Hokies get their first road test next week @ ECU.

Oh yeah, apparently the Colorado has a DJ in their locker room.

No comments:

Post a Comment