Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Catching Up...

Wow, over two weeks since I've written!  It's been a busy couple of weeks, but as I got home and finished the day's work, put a pork tenderloin on the grill, and enjoyed a beer....I decided it would be a good time to catch up, so let's see what has happened....

I spent all of last week in Greenville, SC at a training class for work.  It was a great opportunity to catch up with other salesmen from around the US, and see people that I talk to everyday, but rarely get to see in person.  Busy, but fun week.

The Hokies took one on the chin from Clemson.  Quite possibly the most difficult Hokie football game I have watched in a while.  We looked absolutely terrible on offense, hopefully we can regroup like usual and work our way into the ACC Championship game for a rematch against Clemson.  That would also mean I could win back the Clemson shirt that I had to buy for a co-worker....and will also have to wear for a day at our regional meeting in November.  Gag...


Yuck

When I got back from Greenville, Leah took me to go see Moneyball, the movie adaptation of the Michael Lewis book. The book is one I read years ago, and has always been one of my favorites.

 
 Numerical Data Crunching + Baseball = My Heaven
It's true story about the Oakland A's General Manager Billy Beane, who was the first to use a numerical approach to dispel years of baseball myths about put together a winning baseball team.  Leah actually enjoyed the movie (whether she was lying or not, I couldn't tell).

Oh yeah....still no baby!  I think Leah and I are both ready for him to be here.  I even pulled out all the stops and made "Labor Inducing Eggplant Parmesan."  My mom passed along a recipe from a restaurant in Georgia that claims to have had over 300 women go into labor within 48 hours of eating their eggplant parm. 


Although Leah said it was better than Gianmarco's (the best Italian restaurant in Birmingham), 48 hours came and passed without any luck.  Less than one week until the official due date, so the next blogpost could very well be saying he's here!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment